How To Get Rid Of Pantry Pests In The Cupboards Of Your San Mateo Home
December 30, 2022 - Pantry Pests
While they may be mostly harmless, pantry pests can be annoying. They feed on your packaged food and ruin it, forcing you to dispose of it and replace it. They infest your pantry regardless of how spotless it is and cause damage to your stored food.
Keeping pantry pest larvae out of your cupboards is something you have to consider. While getting rid of pantry pests like moths is tedious, it is possible with pantry pest control products and the help of San Mateo pest control experts.
Common Types Of Pests That Invade Cupboards In San Mateo
You will find pantry pests anywhere there is food. Here are some of the most common pantry pests you will find in your cupboard in San Mateo:
- Moths: These are common pests in San Mateo, recognizable by their brownish forewings. Their favorite foods include dried fruits, cereals, nuts, grains, flour, and other processed food products.
- Beetles: Beetles are tiny reddish-brown bugs that infest and breed in cereal, flour, and dry pet food. When they infest flour, they cause it to develop an unpleasant odor and discolor.
- Weevils: These are small and reddish-brown bugs that infest grains, seeds, and beans. They have elongated snouts and can chew through plastic and paper packaging.
- Ants: Ants live in large groups and can become a nuisance if they infest your pantry. They have an extensive diet that includes sugar, juice, cooked food, meat, pastries, milk, and cheese.
Knowing your pantry pests will help you identify whether you need pantry pest control to get rid of the bugs.
The Problem With Pantry Pests Your Infesting Stored Food
Pantry pests will not sting and inject venom into your skin or cause damage to your home. However, they are still not pleasant to have in your home. Their infestation causes damage to stored food products, causing hundreds of dollars worth of losses. When they infest your food, you have no option but to dispose of it. The presence of their eggs and larva in stored food is unsightly and makes it unfit for consumption.
Simple Ways To Prevent Pests In Your Pantries
If you have an active infestation, take proactive steps to get rid of the pantry pests and employ the following preventive strategies to prevent a re-infestation:
- Store food properly: Store food in insect-proof and airtight containers to prevent bugs from accessing the food products.
- Wipe away crumbs: Clean up food crumbs and spills as they attract ants, moths, and other pantry pests.
- Keep the pantry dry and clean: Pay attention to areas on the shelves prone to accumulating food crumbs and moisture to keep pests away.
- Inspect food products before purchasing: Pantry pests can hitchhike from a grocery store to your home. Inspect the products for pests, broken seals, and other unusual things.
- Don’t store food for long periods: Pantry pests thrive in food products that stay in storage for extended periods.
Storing your food properly and keeping your pantry clear of crumbs and spills will help keep the bugs away. Call experts to eliminate the problem if an infestation persists.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Pantry Pests In Your Home
Act quickly before the damage gets out of hand when pantry pests wreak havoc in your cupboards. While proactive measures will help prevent pantry pests from showing up, involving pest control experts is the best way to get rid of the pests once they're in your home. Pacific Pest Management professionals will employ safe techniques to manage an infestation in your San Mateo home and recommend preventive strategies to eliminate the pests permanently. Call us today to find out more about our pantry pest control services.
Angel visited my home to inspect a possible rodent issue. He told me exactly what was going on, and gave me great advice to manage it. Great options and no pressure. He was very professional, responsive, on time, and graciously called me to tell me he was on his way just like he promised.
I will call Pacific Pest again if I have any additional issues. I heartily recommend Angel with Pacific Pest. You can't go wrong!