How Dangerous Is It To Have Bed Bugs In My San Mateo Home?
May 17, 2022 - Bed Bugs
Who wants to wake up and discover red, itchy bites on their legs and back? Wondering what’s lurking underneath your sheets can leave you with a lot of uncomfortable, sleepless nights. Bed bugs can become a big problem in your San Mateo home, and although they don’t pose a major health risk, they can be a tremendous nuisance.
Bed bug control is not something that should be undertaken on your own. Contacting your local San Mateo pest control company is highly recommended. A bed bug infestation can quickly get out of control and should be attended to as soon as possible. Pacific Pest Management has been in business for more than 17 years and has the experience needed to knock out any bed bug issues you may have.
What Are Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are tiny, six-legged insects that are considered parasites. They require blood from animals or humans to survive. In fact, their only source of nourishment is the blood extracted from their hosts.
- Mature bed bugs are very small, growing to just ¼ of an inch in length. They look similar to apple seeds, flat and oval. After a meal, they will swell up and become more elongated.
- They are a brownish color and begin to turn red as they feed on their host.
- The younger nymphs are much smaller and paler, almost transparent. They also get swollen and redder after nourishment.
- You may see evidence of their feces as small dark spots on your sheets and mattresses.
- The nymphs will shed several times as they mature, leaving remnants of that skin behind as evidence.
The ability to identify these pests and detect the signs of an infestation at an early stage is very important. Bed bugs are prolific breeders, and contacting a bed bug control service for your home as soon as possible is crucial.
Are Bed Bug Bites Dangerous?
Bed bug bites will most likely only result in a red, swollen bite mark that can become itchy. This is caused by an allergic reaction to their saliva that enters the skin during the feeding process. Some people have no reaction at all, and may not even realize they have been bitten. Bed bugs don’t spread diseases and pose no real health threat to humans. But the bites can be quite irritating, not to mention a little unnerving.
Why Are There Bed Bugs In My House?
These parasitic creatures are known as one of nature’s great hitchhikers. They have an uncanny ability to latch onto, or get into, anything they can to travel wherever they want. Bed bugs can be found in any busy public environment.
- Public transportation sites like airports, bus stations, and subways are popular places to pick up bed bugs. They can hop onto your clothes and come right home with you.
- Hotels and motels are also common locations where bed bugs may be found. Be sure to check the furniture and beds well when checking into a room and inspect your luggage when leaving.
- If you use public laundromats, take a good look at the washers and dryers before using them.
- Bed bugs can travel in old or used furniture. Be sure to inspect any of these items before bringing them into your home.
There are countless places to encounter bed bugs, and you can be completely unaware that you are introducing them into your house. Anyone can have a bed bug problem, even you.
How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Home
There are commercial products designed for home pest control to kill bed bugs that are available on the market, but they can often turn out to be ineffective and expensive in the long run. Pacific Pest Management has highly trained professionals that know the best bed bug control techniques for your home. Give us a call to learn about our bed bug control solutions that are proven effective and affordable.
Excellent people to work with! They took great care of my family member's home, the price is fair, and both the owner and the team is super responsive.