The Best Way To Get Rid Of Mice In Your San Jose Home
December 10, 2022 - Mice
Have you been hearing strange noises in your home at night when you are sleeping, and the lights are off? If this is you, you likely have a mice infestation in your home. A mouse can get into your house through small openings because mice are about 3 inches long. They can enter through spaces near utility lines, the roof, or the basement door. They invade a house in search of food, water, and shelter, especially during the winter, because they cannot stand the cold outside.
If you are convinced your home has a mice infestation, you must take advantage of San Jose Pest control services. At Pacific Pest Management, we can come to your home and help you identify possible entry points for mice and favorable conditions that make them set camp in your home. We can offer you world-class pest control in San Jose and ensure the rodents stay away permanently. Below, we will explain more things about mice.
How To Identify A Mouse Infestation In Your Home
As a homeowner, it's hard to have mice living in your house and fail to notice their presence as long as you are a keen person. Some of these signs include;
- Scratching sounds at night
- A strong ammonia-like smell of urine
- Urine and mounds of urine and dirt
- Mice footprints if the area is dusty
- Seeing a mouse, a live or dead one
- Nests with young mice
- Grease marks
- Mice droppings in places like below sinks, inside cabinets, and near walls
- Gnaw marks on floors and walls
- Damaged food products packaging
If you see any of these signs, it is time to act and bring order back into your home. This is because the longer you dilly dally without addressing the problem, the bigger and worse it will get. Mice are known to gnaw away at a house's floor and roof structures, affecting the structural integrity and causing a lot of damage, so the faster you get rid of them, the better.
Why Having Mice In Your House Is Such A Health Risk
If mice in San Jose contaminate your food or you accidentally touch their urine or feces, you could catch mice diseases like lymphocytic choriomeningitis, hantavirus, salmonellosis, and tularemia. Mouse excrement and urine can also stimulate asthma and allergy reactions. They can also be ticks, lice, tapeworms, or flea carriers. These insects that they carry can also spread dangerous diseases. For example, fleas can spread the plague, the infamous "black death,' and ticks can spread anaplasmosis and Lyme disease. Furthermore, when the mice chew on electrical cables, they could expose you to fire breakouts.
Why Mouse Traps Aren't Enough To Get Rid Of An Infestation
Most homeowners think that if they notice the presence of mice in the house, getting rid of them will be as easy as buying traps and setting them up with bait. However, this is not usually the case. This method won't be 100% effective because;
- Mice are intelligent, and they might ignore the trap
- Mice usually capture mice that are caught off guard. Mice are always very alert, which helps them jump fast when a trap snares and avoid getting caught.
- Traps can only kill a few mice. They multiply fast, so this method will be ineffective in eliminating a mice infestation. A female gives birth to six little mice every three weeks. Female mice take about four weeks to mature into adulthood. So you can imagine the magnitude of the problem you will be having in your hands. Catching one mouse at a time won't cut it.
- Mice can learn how to eat the mice bait without getting caught by the trap. Additionally, if a trap triggers, they associate it with danger and avoid it.
As you can see, you cannot rely on one method to eliminate a whole mouse population in your home. Therefore, you need professional assistance from a leading mice exterminator company near you, like Pacific Pest Management. They will know all the suitable methods to use when helping you eradicate the mice problem in your home.
Call The Pros At The First Sign Of Mice In Your Home
When you notice the first sign of mice, call the experts immediately and let them worry about your mice problem as you go about your daily activities. This is hands down the best way to get rid of mice. When you enlist Pacific Pest Management services, we will come to your home and evaluate your mice issue. We will identify their entry points and seal them to ensure the rodents don't enter your home again. With our experience, we can spot possible entry points you might have missed. We will also remove nests and seal leaks. You can be sure we will use effective methods and products to solve your mice problem for good. Contact us for affordable mice control services in San Jose.
This is hands-down the only place to use for termite extermination. Minh and his partner quickly tracked down the source of the termites and treated the affected areas. He was very thorough, professional, fast, and reliable.