What To Do About Dirty Roaches In Your San Jose Home
November 01, 2022 - Cockroaches
In addition to being off-putting, cockroaches spread diseases and trigger allergies. Be on the lookout for signs of any pest infestation in your home, especially one that involves cockroaches.
Getting rid of cockroaches is necessary in order to keep you and your family safe from these disease-ridden pests. Eradicating cockroaches is key to complete pest control in San Jose.
Clear Signs You Have A Cockroach Problem
While cockroaches are nocturnal, they leave behind the following signs of their existence, even if you don’t see an actual cockroach:
- Skins: Cockroaches shed their skins, and this tracks through the home.
- Odor: Cockroaches emit a damp, stale smell.
- Markings: Cockroaches leave smear marks on floors and walls.
- Droppings: Cockroaches leave behind droppings roughly the size and color of coffee grounds.
- Eggs: Egg capsules carrying up to 30 cockroach offspring are a common sign you have an infestation.
- Property damage: Bite marks on leather and missing food are common when you have cockroaches.
If you have observed any of these signs, call the professionals to inspect your home, exterminate the cockroaches, and devise a plan to get rid of cockroaches in your San Jose house permanently.
How Roaches In Your Home Is A Hazard To Your Health
Cockroaches in San Jose are known to spread a variety of diseases and trigger allergies. These creepy pests are likely to spread the following diseases:
- Typhoid fever
Allergic reactions to cockroaches in your home frequently include itchy eyes, runny nose, coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath.
Since cockroaches spread diseases through direct and indirect contact with surfaces and the food we may consume, it is imperative to stay on top of any possible issues with cockroach pest control experts.
Factors That Attract Cockroaches Into Your Home
Since the consequences of a cockroach infestation can be severe, it is vital to know how to deter cockroaches in a few simple steps:
- Remove their hiding spots: Cockroaches like to hide and be alone in messy areas void of activity. Cluttered basements, crawl spaces, and closets are natural spaces for them to hide out. By keeping those spaces clean and orderly, you will have removed their favorite hiding spots.
- Take away their food and water sources: Cockroaches enter the house looking for food and water. Cutting off these sources entails quickly cleaning up food and liquids and keeping food in airtight containers.
- Keep a clean, orderly house: Cockroaches like dark areas full of clutter and mess. Tidy up and open the windows to air the area out, and your home will not be the hospitable breeding ground they came looking for.
Cockroaches, like all pests, come into your home in search of food, water, and shelter. Removing those three factors makes for a less welcoming habitat.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Roaches Safely And For Good
Due to their small size and ability to contort, cockroaches can fit into the tiniest imperfections in your home, creating an array of access points for them to utilize.
As such, it is crucial to secure the integrity of your home’s perimeter in the following ways:
- Clean drains
- Caulk gaps in window frames.
- Secure foundation cracks.
- Repair door frame cracks.
- Mend gaps in baseboards.
- Plug gaps where electrical wiring begins.
- Restore brick and mortar.
If cockroaches have already made a home inside your house, there are some home-grown remedies known to exterminate and repel cockroaches:
- Coffee traps
- Boric acid
- Baking soda and sugar mixture
- Bay leave
- Lemon juice
If you have any signs of cockroaches in your house, don’t wait. Contact Pacific Pest Management today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in San Jose. We will perform an inspection, treat the issue, and follow up on either an ad-hoc or regular basis, whatever the job calls for, to give you and your family peace of mind.
Angel visited my home to inspect a possible rodent issue. He told me exactly what was going on, and gave me great advice to manage it. Great options and no pressure. He was very professional, responsive, on time, and graciously called me to tell me he was on his way just like he promised.
I will call Pacific Pest again if I have any additional issues. I heartily recommend Angel with Pacific Pest. You can't go wrong!