Creating The Best Possible Results For Clients & Customers
Pest control is not always a one-sided affair. At Pacific Pest Management, we work hard to involve our customers in the entire pest management process. Sometimes we need our customers to prep their house before certain services, helping to keep themselves and their families safe from harm. You can easily access these lists in our Customer Prep Lists.
Access each of our customer prep lists below, and get a clearer understanding of all requirements before receiving home or commercial pest control treatments.
Bed Bug Heat Treatment Checklist
Controlling bed bugs with heat treatment is a wonderful way to protect your family and loved ones. However, it also requires some pre and post-maintenance work to ensure that all applications run smoothly. If you plan to receive bed bug heat treatments in the next few weeks, keep the following prep steps in mind.
It's important to remove all heat-sensitive materials from the home.
- Put all sheets, clothing, and drapery that you own into the dryer for at least a half-hour.
- Empty closets completely in infested rooms.
- Move all items on the floor 12 inches away from baseboards.
- Remove all plug outlet plates.
- Vacuum carpets and floors the day before your treatment, and throw the vacuum bag away.
- All living things must leave the home for four to six hours.
Proper aftercare is essential to home and business owners.
- Wash and dry all clothing, sheets, or linens in the house.
- Vacuum every day after treatment for 7 days.
- Report any bed bug sightings or bites.
- Expect a follow-up visit at least 14 days after the treatment.
Follow the link to access our full bed bug heat treatment checklist.
Generic Heat Treatment Checklist
Some San Mateo homeowners need extensive heat treatments to eliminate other types of pests. Here's what you need to know.
Remove any items from the home that could react to high temperatures:
- All living things
- Candles, wax, crayons, and meltable makeup
- All things vinyl (including records, blinds, and shutters)
- Loose papers
- Pressurized items like aerosol cans, fire extinguishers, cigarette lighters, and combustibles
Don't forget to drain and cap any fire extinguishers.
Other removable items include:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Chocolate and artificial sweeteners
- Sodas and carbonated beverages
- Wines, beers, and liquors
- Vitamins, medicines
Consider moving these items into the garage, bathroom, or outbuilding:
- Oil and acrylic paintings
- Antique furniture
- Furniture with fragile finish or glue points
- Thermofoil cabinet doors or drawers
- Musical instruments and cases.
Please note that you cannot remove any clothing from the home.
Please notify us beforehand if any of these items are installed in the home:
- Heat sensors
- Fire sprinklers
- Vinyl wallpaper or windows
- Ikea Furniture
- Self-stick floor tiles
Follow the link to access our full heat treatment checklist.
Fumigation Treatment Checklist
Fumigation is the process of filling a home with a mixture of gases to eliminate unwanted pest activity. In order to facilitate this, Pacific Pest Management expects the following:
- Customers will not be allowed back into the treated building for several days or hours. Please gather your items and find a new place to stay until the process is complete.
- Remove all fresh foods, items, and ingredients from the home. We would be happy to provide a more comprehensive list.
- Feel free to ask Pacific Pest Management for records of how we aerated before clearing you for reentry.
- Continue to open windows and doors or apply better, more long-lasting ventilation.
We partner with a specialty gas fumigant called Vikane® (Sulfuryl Fluoride) for the protection of our customers.
Click here to access our full fumigation treatment checklist.
Pacific Pest Management Is Standing By For More Information
At Pacific Pest Management, we dedicate ourselves to providing the best possible customer services, even before our treatments begin! We want our clients and customers to be as informed as possible about the entire pest management process, which is why we've made it easy to access our customer prep lists at a glance. Tailored to help you and your loved ones thrive, use the above information to complete all necessary actions before your next pest control treatment. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly.
Call Pacific Pest Management today to schedule a home pest control visit today!
Angel visited my home to inspect a possible rodent issue. He told me exactly what was going on, and gave me great advice to manage it. Great options and no pressure. He was very professional, responsive, on time, and graciously called me to tell me he was on his way just like he promised.
I will call Pacific Pest again if I have any additional issues. I heartily recommend Angel with Pacific Pest. You can't go wrong!