It's a nightmare for any San Mateo homeowner: you wake up in the morning to find red, itchy welts on your skin. And when you look closer, you see the telltale signs of bed bugs.
These pests are a serious problem in our area, and they're only getting worse. Bed bugs have been making a comeback in recent years, and if you're like most people, you may not even know what these tiny bugs look like. If you think you might have bed bugs, it's important to act fast. Bed bugs reproduce quickly and can spread throughout your entire home.
But don't worry; Pacific Pest Management is here to help. We're experts in bed bug pest control in San Mateo, and we can help you get rid of them for good. We'll go over the signs of a bed bug infestation, how they likely found their way inside, and how pest control can kill the bed bugs in your home before a major infestation occurs.
Bed Bug Bites Are Often The First Sign Of A Problem
Bed bugs themselves are tiny and hard to spot, and the first sign of a bed bug infestation that people notice is usually their bites. These bugs feed on human blood, and they're most active at night while you're sleeping. You may wake up to find red, itchy welts on your skin that are similar to mosquito bites. These bites can be painful, and although they're not dangerous, they can be very annoying. What's more, bed bugs and their bites can cause serious anxiety and stress, leading to insomnia and other health problems.
Besides their bites, there are a few other telltale signs of an infestation that you may notice in your home:
- Small bloodstains on your sheets or pillowcases: These are from bed bugs that have been crushed while feeding. If you notice small brown or red stains on any of your bedding, it's a good sign that you have an infestation.
- A musty, sweet smell: This is the smell of bed bug pheromones, and it's another sign that you have these pests in your home.
- Dark spots on your mattress: These are bed bug droppings, and they can stain your mattress or other bedding.
- Eggs or eggshells: Bed bugs lay their eggs in small clusters, and you may find them on your mattress or furniture. Look for small, white eggs that are about the size of a pinhead.
If you look closely, you may even see the bed bugs themselves. Here's how to identify these pests:
- Bed bugs are small, flat, and oval-shaped. They're brown in color and about the size of an apple seed.
- Nymphs (baby bed bugs) are even smaller, and they're pale in color. They turn red after feeding on blood.
- They have six legs and two antennae.
- They don't have wings, so they can't fly.
- Their bodies are covered in small bumps, which help them to cling to surfaces.
If you think you've seen one of these bugs, or notice any of these other signs, it's important to call for local pest control to kill the bed bugs right away. At Pacific Pest Management, we are pros at bed bug control in San Mateo, and we can get rid of bed bugs in your San Mateo home so that you can rest easy.
Bed Bug Infestations Only Get Worse With Time
If you think you might have bed bugs in San Mateo, don't wait to call for help. These pests reproduce quickly and can spread throughout your home, infesting your furniture, clothing, and even your electronics. Female bed bugs can lay up to 500 eggs in their lifetime, and a single bed bug can live for up to 18 months. That means an infestation can get out of control quickly if it's not treated. A bed bug infestation can be very difficult to get rid of, and the longer you wait, the worse it will become.
What's more, bed bugs are impossible to get rid of on your own. Although there are do-it-yourself methods for bed bug removal, we don't recommend them. These pests are very difficult to kill, and unless you have experience with pest control, it's best to leave it to the professionals in bed bug pest control in San Mateo.
At Pacific Pest Management, we have the experience and expertise to quickly and effectively eliminate all the bed bugs from your home. We'll work diligently to find all the pests and their hiding places, and we'll use safe, effective treatments to get rid of them. We'll also help you take steps to prevent a future infestation of these pests.
How Bed Bugs Found A Ride Into Your Home
Some people think that bed bugs are only found in dirty homes, but that's simply not true. These pests are hitchhikers, and they're very adept at finding their way into homes. They are looking for a meal (you!), and once they're inside, they'll hide in cracks and crevices, waiting for a chance to feed.
There is a variety of ways bed bugs can hitch a ride inside, including:
- On clothing or luggage: If you've been in a hotel or motel room that had bed bugs, it's possible that you brought them home with you. These pests can cling to your clothing or luggage and be transported back to your home, where they'll quickly multiply.
- On used furniture: If you've bought or been given used furniture, it's possible that bed bugs have hitched a ride inside. They will then hide in cracks and crevices in furniture, and they'll come out to feed once they're in your home.
- On your pets: If you have pets, they may bring bed bugs into your home without you even realizing it. Much like fleas and ticks, bed bugs can cling to your pet's fur and be transported inside, where they'll start to multiply.
- On your guests: If you have guests over, they may inadvertently bring bed bugs into your home. Bed bugs can hitch a ride on their clothing or luggage and be transported inside without you even realizing it.
Besides hitching a ride into your home, bed bugs can occasionally come in through cracks and crevices in the foundation or walls.
You can take steps to prevent bringing bed bugs home when you travel by being vigilant about checking your hotel room for bed bugs before you unpack, and keeping your luggage off the floor. When you get home, inspect your clothing and wash everything in hot water. You should also inspect any used furniture before bringing it into your home.
If you do end up with bed bugs in your San Mateo home, it's time to call an expert in local pest control for bed bugs. At Pacific Pest Management, we use the latest methods to quickly and efficiently eliminate all the bed bugs from your home.
Call The Pros To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Home
If you think you have bed bugs in your San Mateo home, don't hesitate to call in the pros at Pacific Pest Management. These pests reproduce very quickly, and it's important to act fast before they spread to other rooms in your house.
As we mentioned, do-it-yourself methods are rarely effective against bed bugs. You could end up spending a lot of money on products that don't work, and you may even make the problem worse by spreading the bugs around your home. The best way to get rid of bed bugs is to call a professional pest control company like Pacific Pest Management. We have the experience and knowledge to find all the bed bugs in your home and get rid of them for good.
Our service begins with a thorough inspection, during which we'll identify all the places bed bugs might be hiding. We'll check your furniture, your bedding, and even your electronics. Once we know where the bugs are, we can start getting rid of them. We offer a variety of treatment options, including fumigation, heat treatment, and liquid treatments. During your inspection, our technician will help you choose the best option for your particular home. We'll work with you to create a treatment plan that fits your unique situation, so you can rest assured that your home is free of these pests. The treatments we use are effective against even the most resistant bed bug strains. And our experienced technicians will make sure that your infestation is gone before we leave your home.
For over 17 years, San Mateo residents have trusted Pacific Pest Management to get rid of their bed bug problems. We make customer service our top priority, and we use state-of-the-art equipment and products to get the job done right.
If you're dealing with a bed bug infestation, don't wait another day to call Pacific Pest Management. We offer same-day and emergency services, so don't hesitate to call us if you think you have a bed bug problem. We'll be happy to come out and take a look. We're here to help you get rid of these pests once and for all. Contact us today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in San Mateo, including our bed bug control services.
Angel was great. He arrived on time, did a thorough inspection of our house and created a good plan at a fair price. I will definitely work with them again!