The Secret To Completely Getting Rid of Bed Bugs In Your San Mateo Home
August 03, 2022 - Bed Bugs
When you need bed bug control, count on the best pest control in San Mateo. Pacific Pest Management is the best local pest control for bed bugs, and we’ve got a few secrets to share that will allow you to ultimately get rid of bed bugs. These pests go where people are; hotels, hospitals, and laundromats are some places you can pick up bed bugs and bring them into your home. Bed bugs are especially troublesome for folks who live in apartments, so early detection is critical. Can you spot signs of bed bugs in your home?
Easy-To-Spot Signs Of Bed Bugs In Your Home
Bed bugs are tiny insects that don’t move very fast, but they sure can get around. These bugs seek out snug fabrics and are notorious for invading mattresses; however, that’s not the only place bed bugs will make a home. Wardrobes, couches, and suitcases will accommodate a bed bug as long as a mammal, preferably a human, is close by to feed on when they get hungry. Bed bugs take a blood meal once every one to two weeks. A rash is commonly associated with bed bugs; however, because it doesn’t happen every night, bed bugs are often missed at first. Here are some common signs of a bed bugs in your home:
- Skin rashes are one of the first signs you have these bugs. Bed bugs will take a blood meal about twice a month. It leaves a straight trail of little itchy red bumps.
- Bed bugs give off a musty odor.
- You might see rust-colored stains on your mattress, in the crevasses of furniture, or on your sheets.
- Bed bugs shed their skin multiple times before reaching adulthood. Bed bug exoskeletons are not a sign of a past pest problem; they are a sign of a current one.
- You see live bed bugs. If you see live bed bugs, then there are probably more.
- Bed bug waste looks like coffee grounds and is often confused with fleas.
These pests are dependent on their host. They don’t like too much heat, so they don’t live on their host, just near it. They’ve developed a preference for humans and have adapted to be near people. They travel by hitching a ride on clothing, purses, suitcases, and secondhand furniture.
The Symptoms Of A Bed Bug Infestation
If a bed bug problem goes on for too long, it becomes a problematic infestation. You’ll have constant itchy rashes, the foul odor increases, and furniture can be ruined. Although bed bugs don’t often migrate to exposed areas or smooth surfaces, if their spaces become overpopulated, they will nest at the ceiling and wall junction. These bugs need heat, and heat rises. Bed bugs make home life uncomfortable and the larger the infestation, the bigger the problem.
Why DIY Bed Bug Control Is A Waste Of Time And Money
Bed bugs are tricky to find and harder to eliminate. Most people are disappointed to find out that natural pest control options for bed bugs don’t work to eliminate an infestation, and can often allow the problem to continue growing. To treat bed bugs, you’ll need to use professional-grade treatments applied by pest management professionals. Since these products are going inside your home, it is best to let a trained expert apply the solutions. The best thing you can do to avoid a problem is to be diligent about prevention.
- Do a deep clean periodically, vacuuming all upholstered items and carpets as well as washing anything that can go in the washing machine on high heat.
- When you travel, inspect your room for bed bugs.
- Sanitize and inspect secondhand furniture.
- Replace the weatherstripping around your doors.
- Use a mattress and box spring cover.
If you have bed bugs now, don’t risk letting the infestation grow out of control because you didn’t call the professionals. Unlike DIY methods, our services are guaranteed.
Call The Pros At The First Sign Of Bed Bugs In Your Home
The top bed bug control in San Mateo is Pacific Pest Management. We are leaders in the industry for our advanced inspection technology that we use to give you the most accurate and effective services possible.
This is hands-down the only place to use for termite extermination. Minh and his partner quickly tracked down the source of the termites and treated the affected areas. He was very thorough, professional, fast, and reliable.